The VCOG sought and obtained grant funding from a number of federal, state and private resources. The economic revitalization of the region's Brownfields sites and the abatement of human health risk and ecological damage would not be possible without the support and guidance of our partners. The present partners providing Brownfields funding and assistance are:
US Environmental Protection Agency
The EPA has granted the VCOG funding under the following programs:
1. EPA ARRA – US Environmental Protection Agency, American Resource andRecovery Act
These cleanup funds are allocated to projects with current outcomes. Jobs are being created and new taxes will be generated. The funds have been granted to municipalities for projects.
2. EPA BRLF - US Environmental Protection Agency Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund
These cleanup funds are allocated to sites with clear projected outcomes once they are clean. Jobs are being created and new taxes will be generated. Funds have been allocated as grants to municipalities and loans to private companies.
3. EPA BRLF Supplemental grant – Award $400,000
With all the funds committed to projects, the EPA provided additional funding for loans and grants.
4. DECD Brownfields Fund - DECD Fund – CT Department of Economic and Community Development Brownfields Fund – Award $500,000
The fund has been used to assess and cleanup a number of sites. The remaining balance is small, but a loan under the program is being repaid so some funds will be available over time.
5. HRR Fund – Housatonic River Restoration Fund – Award $325,000
The fund is allocated to modifying the boat ramp, installation of a fishing pier for disabled persons and the installation of a non-point source pollution control swale at O'Sullivan's Peninsula in Derby.